Saturday, April 4, 2009

April 3rd

Another beautiful day! Emry had school. I was canceled from work. Jeff, Brayd, Clara and I headed outside and got some much-needed clean up done around the yard. It is amazing how much trash gets blown in. We also did not do a really good clean-up last year with toys, things blown off the porch into the spirea etc, so tried to get a lot of that done. We moved the cold-frame to the garden, Jeff trimmed a bunch of trees, we burned off some more of the gardens. Jeff also put up an extra little fence on the porch end to try to keep Berkley out of the main yard. I am sooooo unhappy with her! We have our own land (only a little under four acres- but a rather large "yard" for your average dog), plus the acres and acres of open fields around our lil'bit and the dog seems to only poop in the yard. The nice fenced in yard. GRRRRR. I know Jeff is so sick of hearing me *%itch about it. I was ready to send her to the pound! Anyway, I spent a large amount of time picking up poop, and am still not done. The pictures are: Boys playing on the tree section that Jeff cut down. The one that hung over the driveway and used to have the tire swing on it, it was dying. Hopefully the rest of the tree will now live. Sad to see the tire swing tree go, as no others will work so well, happy to have all that wood for the fire pit this summer!


Clara ended up banned to the pack-n-play because she still puts too much in her mouth. This gave her plenty of time to pratice her throwing. She is in that throw-drop things stage.




She also ate some dirt, and twigs and whatever else she could find. She is wearing her brothers hand-me-down camo!





















I had to include a picture of her bare feet. She did start out with botties on, but they cam eoff as soon as she could pull them off. Look at those dirty feet. I guess she is starting to take after me a little!!



It was so nice we decided to start the fire-pit for super and have hot dogs and marshmallows. Clara had pasta with cheese and peas. She actually sat really nice on the blanket and ate.








Hot dogs











































and burnt marshmallows!










































The boys loaded up their sticks!







































No comments:

Post a Comment